CMHS Hosts Diabetes Awareness, Education & Screening Events
Learn More and Get Help for Diabetes During Diabetes Awareness Month this November
With a focus on diabetes during the month of November, there’s no better time than now to learn more about diabetes and get help managing your diabetes or prediabetes. Visit the following events during November hosted by CMHS:
- November 6 (Wednesday), 4:30-5:30 p.m.: Pre/Diabetes & Blood Pressure Screenings
- November 6 (Wednesday), 5:30-6:30 p.m.: Lifestyle Management Class: The Basics of Nutrition, Exercise, and Weight Management
- November 14 (Thursday), 10-11: a.m.: Pre/Diabetes & Blood Pressure Screenings
- November 14 (Thursday), 11 a.m.-12 noon: Lifestyle Management Class: The Basics of Nutrition, Exercise, and Weight Management
- November 20 (Wednesday), 5:30-6:30 p.m.: Thanksgiving-themed Vegetarian Cooking Demo Class
All classes and screenings are located at the CMHS Wellness & Fitness Center, 2723 E. Main Street, Ventura. Registration is required for all classes and screenings. Call the HealthAware Office to register at 805-667-2818.
Take the CMHS HealthAware test: Are you at risk for prediabetes or diabetes? The HealthAware Prediabetes/Diabetes health risk assessment will help assess if you are at risk! CLICK HERE to get started on this FREE assessment!
At the end of the online assessment, you will be asked if you want to follow up for a free consultation with a Nurse Practitioner and Dietitian to assess your risks. Participation is confidential and all information is between you and HealthAware.
If you say yes and only if you agree, the prediabetes/diabetes screening and consultation is done at the CMHS HealthAware office. At the scheduled appointment, a hemoglobin A1C and cholesterol panel with an EKG and blood pressure check will be done. In addition, a body composition analysis and Metabolic Syndrome screening is done to assess your risks all at no charge.
Follow-up appointments are advisable with lifestyle changes and carry a small fee. Nutrition classes are also available at no charge.
Questions? Call the HealthAware office at 805-667-2818.